Find a Pro in West Paris, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's relatively affordable to improve how your home looks with help from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should flow with the overall look you're going for and the mood you want to create. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more comfortable and content.
What advantages come with the decision to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your property will usually provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you have the tools and training to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to execute it. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it's done with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and methods to perform the project with outstanding workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking precautions that help the paint stay and look amazing for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a spotless area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work with a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a streamlined result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint stick.
How much does an exterior painting project cost for a home?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and give you an accurate estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Find Exterior House Painting Companies in West Paris, ME
Start looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in West Paris, ME. If your property needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the skills and background to deliver excellent services. You can improve your home's design with new paint that simultaneously provides a strong barrier preventing damage from moisture. By recruiting a painter to handle the project, you're making sure it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can quickly look for contractors, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see previous exterior painting jobs to get a good idea of what they can provide. Browsing through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's convenient and simple to use for anyone to pick the best contractor for the project near them. In addition, you can send direct messages, request an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with useful tips and help you come up with an elegant color combination. Painting can increase your home value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out exceptional work. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with a knowledgeable painting contractor to handle the entire process with careful attention to detail.