Find a Pro in Wilton, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What does it typically cost in labor to paint the inside of a house?
The price to paint the interior of your house depends on the dimensions of the room. One 300-square-foot room will be much more affordable than the entire home, especially a spacious home.
You should expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when contracting a local painter to paint the interior of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the interior on your own or live in a region with low labor costs. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How long is the suggested schedule for repainting the outside of a house?
Cracked and chipped paint are some glaring things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Because every property is different, there is no set timeframe to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of experts express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
After buying a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try to find out, since having detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its durability. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the home was painted on a bright or overcast day can change how well the paint dries.
What kind of services can a house painter provide?
A few of the services an expert painter typically performs include:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your painter could then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Expert painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average per hour cost for painters?
The average painter's price on services varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Remember that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. For that reason, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Professional Residential Painters Serving in Wilton, ME
When you need a good residential painter near Wilton, ME, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is a great choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also brings several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that brings together all the relevant information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Wilton, ME and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.