Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Alanson, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Michigan // Alanson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some positives to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple way to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is that similar to cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and gives a distinctive effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently do cabinets need to be refinished
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Alanson, Michigan have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Place Containing All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Alanson, Michigan Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several people in Alanson, Michigan have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Alanson, Michigan confidently.