Find a pro in Alto, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Alto, MI. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Alto, MI
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Alto, MI, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.