Find a Pro in Auburn, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What array of services can a residential painter perform?
Here is what an expert painter will assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages must be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional could then recommend trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do most painters charge hourly?
Typically, a painting contractor's price on services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or product included.
Remember that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
What are some advantages of updating my home through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your interior recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you select, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted secures your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal option for your interior. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: Most houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Having your home's interior painted removes all imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your living space.
When do painters receive the slowest business season?
A major selling point to hiring within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Hire a Professional House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Auburn, Michigan
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter near Auburn, Michigan, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also brings plenty of practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your house inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that compiles all the relevant information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Auburn, Michigan and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.