Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Augusta, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets instead of buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a great way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy project to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times could cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How will I determine if cabinet refinishing is the best option to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Augusta, MI have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Employ a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Augusta, MI
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many people in Augusta, MI have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Augusta, MI confidently.