Find a pro in Beulah, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Beulah, Michigan
When you need roofing maintenance services in Beulah, Michigan, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Beulah, Michigan. Find the right contractor for your property right away.