Find a pro in Bitely, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Bitely, MI
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Bitely, MI. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.