Find a Pro in Burlington, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What do most painters charge hourly?
The average painting contractor's price on services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
Is interior painting a good idea?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your interior recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you pick, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are made of materials that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint is designed to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect option for your property. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most homes harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often show scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the slowest time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so painting companies have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs when painting the inside of a residence?
The price to paint the interior of your home is dependant on the overall size of the space. One 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a big residence.
On average, expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a local painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the space yourself or reside in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Expert House Painters in Near Burlington, MI
When you're searching for a good residential painter in Burlington, MI, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also offers several useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a variety of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that compiles all the necessary information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Burlington, MI and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.