Find a pro in Casnovia, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Casnovia, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Casnovia, Michigan. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.