Find a pro in Cass City, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Cass City, MI
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Cass City, MI. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.