Find a pro in Cement City, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Cement City, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Cement City, Michigan. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cement City, Michigan. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.