Find a pro in Chesaning, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Chesaning, Michigan. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Chesaning, Michigan
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Chesaning, Michigan. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Chesaning, Michigan. Find the right contractor for your property today.