Find a pro in Clawson, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Clawson, MI
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Clawson, MI, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.