Find a pro in Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Dearborn Heights, MI. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Dearborn Heights
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Dearborn Heights, MI
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Dearborn Heights, MI, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dearborn Heights, MI. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.