Find a pro in Dollar Bay, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Dollar Bay
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Dollar Bay, MI
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dollar Bay, MI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dollar Bay, MI. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.