Find a Cabinet Painter in Fairgrove, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Michigan // Fairgrove
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What kind of paint do you use on cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint usually used for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that modern look. Common wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
What features do I look for from a reliable cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the most suitable one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of work. The first place to focus on is by knowing precisely what style you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work matching your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Ensure that any contractor you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project commences that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Will I have to prime cabinets cabinets prior to painting?
It's always tempting to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than expected.
How much will I have to pay to paint my kitchen cabinets?
There are several things that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Fairgrove, MI, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Refresh Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Fairgrove, MI
A smart way to boost the value of your property and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will suit your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near Fairgrove, MI fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets could be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be willing to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Find all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Fairgrove, MI easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.