Find a Pro in Flint, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I can expect my residential painting contractor to provide?
Examples of the functions an expert painter typically performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces must be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your professional could then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much will professional painters charge hourly?
The average painter's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Remember that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor per hour. Accordingly, it does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Is it a smart choice to prioritize interior painting for my home?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A good paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when considering the effect on home value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you haven't painted your interior recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you go with, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted secures your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components that easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health risks. Paint works to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are produced with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your interior. A new application of paint also limits dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most homes harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often show dents, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your residence.
What's the period of least business for painters?
A major benefit to scheduling within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Flint, MI
When you're looking for a good residential painter in Flint, MI, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also offers many useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that organizes all the relevant information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Flint, MI and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.