Find a Cabinet Painter in Frankenmuth, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Michigan // Frankenmuth
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference between cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint usually used for home walls will encounter many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints might not adhere adequately to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
What qualities do I expect from a professional cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the perfect one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of work. The first place to focus on is by understanding exactly what style you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Check that any professional you consider provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project begins that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Can I just paint over my home's cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt or grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Frankenmuth, MI, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll need to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Hire a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Frankenmuth, MI Who Can Bring Your Ideas to Life
A smart way to boost the appeal of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective option over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will match your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Frankenmuth, MI varies, but many customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets could be in good enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While looking for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all important information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Frankenmuth, MI easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.