Find a pro in Hamtramck, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Hamtramck, Michigan. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Hamtramck, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Hamtramck, Michigan. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.