Find a pro in Haslett, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Haslett, Michigan
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Haslett, Michigan. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.