Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Hickory Corners, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few perks to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple way to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and imparts a distinctive effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Hickory Corners, MI have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Hickory Corners, MI
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Hickory Corners, MI have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Hickory Corners, MI confidently.