Find a pro in Homer, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Homer, Michigan. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Homer, Michigan
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Homer, Michigan. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.