Find a Pro in Houghton Lake, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are examples of services I should expect my residential painting contractor to offer?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues need to be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your professional may then suggest other reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common hourly cost for painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's cost of services varies from $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that price.
Does interior painting give an adequate ROI?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that truly pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your interior recently or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you choose, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted safeguards your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components which easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption will result in degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from getting into the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints now are produced with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your household. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted eliminates all imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the slowest time of year for painters?
A major benefit to booking within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painters have the availability.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
Vetted Residential Painters Near Near Houghton Lake, MI
When you want a reliable residential painter near Houghton Lake, MI, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also provides many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that organizes all the relevant information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Houghton Lake, MI and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.