Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Huntington Woods, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few advantages of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and stress-free method to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is this the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know what service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and delivers a certain effect in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years will cabinets that have been refinished last
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Huntington Woods, MI have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Huntington Woods, MI
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Huntington Woods, MI have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Huntington Woods, MI confidently.