Find a pro in Jenison, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Jenison, MI. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Jenison
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Jenison, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Jenison, MI. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.