Find a pro in Kingston, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Kingston, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Kingston, MI. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Kingston, MI. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home right away.