Find a Pro in Lansing, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What aspects should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's relatively affordable to improve how your home looks with help from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when deciding on a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should flow with the overall look you're going for and the ambiance you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful hues that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why may it be advantageous to hire the expertise of an exterior painting professional?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will typically offer you a better outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you have the materials and experience to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting contractor to perform the project as adeptly as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should a painter to carry it out. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is completed with close attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, materials, and techniques to perform the project with exceptional workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look amazing for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime offers you a clean area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a streamlined finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
What is the typical budget for painting a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can add to the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can result in high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and give you an accurate quote for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior Painting Companies Near Lansing, Michigan
Start your search for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Lansing, Michigan. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the qualifications and knowledge to provide excellent services. You can upgrade your property's curb appeal with a new pop of color that simultaneously provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By hiring a painter to take care of the project, you're making sure the work will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can swiftly look for professionals, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their level of expertise. Look through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you download our free app. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for anyone to choose the best professional for the project in their area. In addition, you can send direct messages, request an estimate, and set up an appointment all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with useful tips and help you come up with an elegant color arrangement. Having a newly painted home can boost your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local professionals prepared to begin the project and carry out outstanding workmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by using our home management platform and reach out to a knowledgeable painter to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.