Find a pro in Lennon, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lennon, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Lennon, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lennon, Michigan. Find the right contractor for your property now.