Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Leslie, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few benefits to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy way to update their style versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is it similar to refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and gives a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years will refinished cabinets survive
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Leslie, Michigan have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Leslie, Michigan
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Leslie, Michigan have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Leslie, Michigan confidently.