Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Marcellus, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Michigan // Marcellus
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets instead of buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple technique to change their style versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get professional results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and imparts a certain result in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years will refinished cabinets survive
One of the great things with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a good investment for my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Marcellus, Michigan have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Find a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Marcellus, Michigan
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several people in Marcellus, Michigan have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Marcellus, Michigan with confidence.