Find a pro in Marshall, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Marshall, MI
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Marshall, MI. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.