Find a Pro in Mason, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when picking a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should go with the overall aesthetic you're going for and the mood you want to create. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish tones that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
Why should you hire an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically give you a superior outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and training to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to a painter to execute it. With their high-quality process and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, materials, and strategies to do the project with outstanding workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking first steps that help the paint stay and look beautiful for a long time. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt offers you a spotless area to begin working on, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can take care of irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a smooth result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to help the paint stay.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy home improvement for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how skilled your painter is because it can result in high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Streamlined Way to Find Exterior Painting Contractors Near Mason, Michigan
Begin your search for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Mason, Michigan. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a professional with the training and experience to provide outstanding services. You can upgrade your home's curb appeal with a fresh pop of color that offers a durable barrier preventing damage at the same time. By seeking out a contractor to carry out the project, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can swiftly look for contractors, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Search through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you download our no-charge app. It's streamlined and easy to use for anyone to select the most qualified professional for the project near them. You can even send direct messages, ask for a quote, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver beneficial suggestions and help you decide on a beautiful color arrangement. Having a newly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from many local contractors ready to begin the project and perform outstanding work. Get exceptional results by using our app and get in touch with an experienced painting contractor to handle the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.