Find a Pro in Midland, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What kind of services can a house painter provide?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will help with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they find anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your service may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: The best painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or overhead included.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. Therefore, it does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself.
What are the advantages of updating my home through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A great paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your home recently and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what color scheme you pick, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials which naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint enables you to seal out water from getting into the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are produced with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your home. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have dents, dings, and marks from the use of your house over time. Getting your home's interior painted removes those imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior will also modernize your living space.
During what season of the year are painters usually less occupied?
A major benefit about hiring during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Vetted House Painting Contractors Serving Near Midland, MI
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter in Midland, MI, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also offers several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that brings together all the relevant information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Midland, MI and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you need.