Find a pro in Mio, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Mio, MI
If you need roofing maintenance services in Mio, MI, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.