Find a pro in New Buffalo, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in New Buffalo, MI
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in New Buffalo, MI. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.