Find a Pro in Onaway, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that complements your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when deciding on a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should flow with the overall design you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful tones that have the tendency to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a superior outcome than you could attain by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and training to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up errors, homeowners can turn to an exterior painter to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a painter to do it all. With their first-rate process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to do the project with exceptional workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking first steps that let the paint stick and look beautiful for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work on a flat finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to let the paint stick.
What is the expense related to painting the exterior of a home?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can mean high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and give you a free, upfront quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior Home Painting Companies in Onaway, MI
Begin your search for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and recruit companies in Onaway, MI. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and experience to deliver excellent services. You can improve your property's design with new paint that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture. By recruiting a contractor to take care of the project, you're ensuring it will be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management app, you can efficiently search for painters, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to gain a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's convenient and simple to use for homeowners to choose the best professional for the project in their area. You can even send direct messages, request a quote, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can give you beneficial tips and help you come up with a beautiful color combination. Painting can raise your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local contractors ready to begin the project and deliver excellent workmanship. Get excellent results by downloading our app and get in touch with a skilled painting contractor to handle the entire process with the utmost attention to detail.