Find a Pro in Otsego, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a trained and experienced contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should go with the overall look you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to form. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful tones that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a superior outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and experience to carry out the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting contractor to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to a contractor to do it all. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's done with close attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the knowledge, materials, and techniques to do the project with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that let the paint stay and look amazing for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to start working on, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a smooth varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to let the paint stick.
Can you provide a quote of the expense included in painting the exterior of a house?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how skilled your contractor is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and give you a free, upfront estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Contractors in Otsego, Michigan
Start looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Otsego, Michigan. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the qualifications and experience to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your property's design with a new pop of color that simultaneously provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture. By recruiting a painter to carry out the project, you're ensuring the work will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can quickly search for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see results from previous exterior painting jobs to get a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Search through professional profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our no-cost platform. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for anyone to pick the most qualified candidates for the project in their area. Additionally, you can direct message contractors, receive a quote, and book a consultation all in one place.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver useful tips and help you decide on a beautiful color arrangement. Having a freshly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from several local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and carry out outstanding craftsmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our app and contacting a skilled exterior painter to handle every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.