Find a pro in Pewamo, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Pewamo, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Pewamo, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.