Find a Pro in Pleasant Lake, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Will interior painting provide an adequate return on investment?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that really pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you choose, a new paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted secures your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption can result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect option for your home. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All residences contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted removes all imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your home.
What's the time of least business for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about hiring during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How often do I need to paint the exterior of my home?
There are a few obvious things to look out for, like cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create issues as well. Exterior painting can be a big project, so it's always a good idea to hire expert painters.
What makes this hard for homeowners is there is no set timeline to repaint, because every property differs from the other. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on other variables like where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you may be uncertain about when its most recent paint job was done. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because having detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its longevity. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your residence was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dried.
What kind of services can a residential painter perform?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your professional may then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Expert painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted Residential Painters in in Pleasant Lake, MI
When you're searching for a good house painter near Pleasant Lake, MI, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can improve your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also offers plenty of practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure the wood from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that collects all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Pleasant Lake, MI and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.