Find a Pro in Pontiac, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Pontiac, MI. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the job.
When is a roof inspection necessary?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the usual cost of roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate rate for fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Pontiac, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Pontiac, MI. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.