Find a pro in Saline, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Saline
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Saline, Michigan
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Saline, Michigan. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Saline, Michigan. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.