Find a pro in Schoolcraft, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Schoolcraft, Michigan
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Schoolcraft, Michigan, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.