Find a pro in Sturgis, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Sturgis, Michigan
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sturgis, Michigan. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sturgis, Michigan. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house right away.