Find a Cabinet Painter in Adams, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Minnesota // Adams
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to update the look of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for interior walls will face many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their elegant appearance. Typical wall paints will not stick sufficiently to cabinets or begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
How can I pick a cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the best one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to begin is by knowing exactly what look you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view samples of their past work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Reliable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate widely. Ensure that any painter you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for any surprises to pop up after the project commences that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by checking their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's always tempting to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt or grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What things are considered when it comes to the cost for painting cabinets?
There are many things that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Adams, MN, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will need to recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll want to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Beautify Your Kitchen for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter Near Adams, MN
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Adams, MN fluctuates, but many homeowners still report spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Find all the information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Adams, MN confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.