Find a Pro in Afton, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting a good idea?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A great paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior recently and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you choose, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted strengthens your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your interior. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All homes harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have dents, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted eliminates all cosmetic issues and can make your home look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
At which season of the year are painters generally less occupied?
A major benefit to hiring within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painters have the availability.
Therefore, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the ideal schedule for repainting the outside of my residence?
There are a few glaring things to watch out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set time to repaint, because every house is different. A lot of professionals express that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years, depending on factors like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not know exactly when it was last painted. It's a good idea to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The kind of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dried.
What are some services I can expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Expert painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Afton, MN
When you require a dependable house painter in Afton, MN, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can improve your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also gives plenty of practical benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that collects all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Afton, MN and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.