Find a Pro in Atwater, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you choose the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to improve how your home looks with assistance from a trained and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should flow with the overarching aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful hues that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more pleasant and content.
Why might it be advantageous to recruit the expertise of an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a better result than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and training to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the job as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their first-rate process and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it is completed with careful attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, tools, and techniques to perform the job with exceptional workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for a long time. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to work with, so using power washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a streamlined result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to adhere.
What's the price of painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can result in higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with an accurate quote for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies in Atwater, MN
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Atwater, MN. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the training and background to provide excellent services. You can update your home's design with a fresh pop of color that simultaneously provides a strong barrier preventing damage from the elements. By hiring a painter to carry out the job, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can swiftly search for contractors, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to get a solid idea of what they can offer. Look through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for anyone to select the best professional for the job in their area. In addition, you can send direct messages, receive a quote, and set up an appointment all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painter who can offer you helpful tips and help you brainstorm an attractive color combination. Painting can increase your home value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local professionals ready to start the project and deliver excellent work. Get an outstanding finished product by using our app and get in touch with a skilled exterior painting contractor to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.