Find a Cabinet Painter in Aurora, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Minnesota // Aurora
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter what type of paint I use for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint usually used for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their sophisticated look. Common wall paints will not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
How do I know I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to begin is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their past work matching your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Make sure that any painter you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project commences that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's dependability by checking their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Can I simply paint over my home's cabinets?
It's may be enticing to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their components, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any edges that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What things are considered when it comes to the cost of painting cabinets?
There are many things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Aurora, Minnesota, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project completed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Refresh Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Aurora, Minnesota
A smart way to boost the value of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-efficient option over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and deliver a new look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Aurora, Minnesota fluctuates, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When looking for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be willing to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Find all the information necessary to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Aurora, Minnesota easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.