Find a Pro in Austin, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some advantages of choosing interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you go with, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are constructed of materials which naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint enables you to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your property. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other particles to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Getting your house's interior painted covers all imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What's the period of lowest demand for painters?
A major selling point about scheduling during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some evident things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause problems as well. Painting an exterior can be a big project, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Because every property differs from one another, there is no set timeframe to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of professionals express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not have information the last time it was painted. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its longevity. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What all can a house painter do?
A few of the tasks an expert painter generally performs include:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of this prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be remediated before the project can begin, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing a vetted painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Qualified House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Austin, Minnesota
When you're looking for a dependable house painter near Austin, Minnesota, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house can improve your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also offers several practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that compiles all the important information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Austin, Minnesota and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.