Find a pro in Big Lake, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Big Lake, MN
If you need roofing maintenance services in Big Lake, MN, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.